Synergise IT and its related entities is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This policy outlines our commitments to you in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy Act (1998) and the ten National Privacy Principles (NPP’s) it contains.
The NPP’s regulate the manner in which we handle your personal information from initial collection to use and disclosure, storage, accessibility and disposal.
Collection of Personal Information
Synergise IT will only collect your personal information where and when it relates to the provision of services to you and the performance of our business activities. At no time will your personal information be disclosed to another company for that company’s independent use.
Whenever Synergise IT collects personal information directly from you or through a third party we will make every reasonable attempt at the time to inform you:
- why we are collecting your information
- to whom we will disclose that information
- of the purpose(s) for which we intend to use that information
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
In general, the primary purposes for which we collect your personal information include:
- Ensuring your purchase is recorded and maintained for warranty purposes
- Ensuring that we can contact you as soon as possible should a product recall be necessary for safety reasons
- Customer and product surveys relating to the satisfactory delivery of customer service and product development
- Supply of marketing information about our products
- Arrangement of test-drives and other services
- Being able to inform you of the results of competitions you may have entered
Data quality and security
In using your personal information in these ways, it may be necessary for us to make disclosure to third parties such as automotive suppliers, mailing houses or market research firms. Where disclosures take place, we employ stringent safeguards to ensure the security of your personal information.
At all times, we will take great care to ensure that your personal information is:
- accurate, complete and up to date
- protected, treated confidentially and guarded from unauthorised access
Access to and correction of your personal information
If you believe that we have not dealt with your personal information in a manner that complies with the Privacy Act (1988) you should contact Synergise IT to discuss how we may better deal with it. Similarly, if you wish to access personal information that we hold about you, you may make a request in writing. All correspondence should be directed to:
Privacy Compliance Officer
Unit 7, Focus Building
64 Talavera Road
Macquarie Park, NSW 2113
Only staff that have a need to access your personal information to perform their job will have access to that information.
Disposal of Your Information
Personal information held by us will be destroyed or permanently de-identified when it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected.